The Middle School Academy
The Middle School Academy (6th-8th)
As a part of our Upper School faculty, our Middle School Academy teaching team looks forward to working with this group throughout the Middle School years! To help prepare each student for future successful high school experiences, the Middle School Academy team focuses on academic rigor, encouraging relationships, character development, and strong study skills– all in small, nurturing and structured classroom environments.
While adjusting to Middle School can be challenging for some students, we trust that with the right support, every student is poised for success. In our Middle School Academy classrooms, there is a heavy emphasis on organization of materials and assignments. It is our belief that solid organizational skills enhance our Middle School Academy learning efforts. Our team also strives to help our Middle School Academy students discover their potential in each subject area through challenging activities and class instruction.
Students are encouraged students to participate in extracurricular activities, and work hard in the classroom to minimize homework assignments.
Because our Middle School Academy classes are smaller, we are poised to build strong teacher-student working relationships that set our students and their families up for success.
Academic Top 5 for our Middle School Academy
- Set high expectations and challenge yourself.
- Communication is KEY!
- it is our job to help you be successful
- if something has you worried or anxious, let us know!
- Stay on top of your academics.
- fewer grades=increased value of test grades
- complete all assignments
- take advantage of all offered extra credit points
- use earned homework passes wisely
- seek help early to avoid a crisis
- take advantage of teacher “office hours” and study sessions
- seek and heed advice from your parents and teachers
- Be an “application” learner rather than a “memorization” learner.
- higher levels of learning require different ways of studying
- avoid last-minute memorizing of materials for tests
- review important information daily to ensure understanding and memory of it
- Use your resources.
- all CCPS teachers and staff are here to help you
- keep your parents posted on your academics to avoid unpleasant surprises!
- embrace RenWeb!
- look ahead at your calendar and assignments list
- organize your time and materials regularly and carefully
- maintain a healthy balance between academic and extracurricular activities
Full-day: 8:00 AM – 2:40 PM
AfterSchool Enrichment: 2:40 – 6:00 PM
Content classes with 15-18 students allow for personalized instruction and an enhanced learning experience.
Fundamental skills small group sessions of 3-8 students allow for individualized math and language instruction.
All students are encouraged to participate in our JV Athletics Program.