Elementary Cornerstones (Kindergarten – 5th grade)
Coastal Christian Preparatory School was founded in 1953 as a ministry of First Baptist Church, Mount Pleasant. We are proud of our tradition of providing a Christian atmosphere for children to grow emotionally, spiritually, academically, and physically. Coastal Christian is committed to partnering with parents to educate the whole child. Our goal is for your child to feel safe, loved, and nurtured by our dedicated teachers and administrators.
“Coastal Christian Prep School is a fun and loving learning environment that fosters a solid formation of the whole being; Spiritual, Intellectual and Physical.” -CCPS Parent
Strengths of our Elementary Cornerstones Program Include:
- small class sizes
- individualized instruction
- Christian teachers
- Christ-centered curricula
- weekly chapel
- student leadership
- before and after school care
- weekly newsletters and updates
- special activities and field trips
- online access to grades and assignments
- on-line reading program
- community missions opportunities
- physical education and wellness curriculum
- computer lab
- Our small class sizes allow us to personalize each student’s educational experience through independent and small-group instruction.
- We are also able to offer the opportunity for outside support services when necessary. This highly supportive environment allows for students of all levels to succeed with excellence.
- Our standardized test scores indicate that the many of our students are above average in achievement and ability and perform better than their peers in other, larger school settings.
- Our independent, accredited school curriculum is designed to challenge these students to meet high standards. Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Bible make up our core subjects. Special areas include weekly Chapel service, Art, Computer, Library, Music, Spanish, and Physical Education.
- Our professional, teachers are equipped with the skills to teach, the compassion to nurture, and the creativity to make the academic challenge a road to discovery. All faculty and staff are committed to being positive role models and demonstrating Christian values.
Our goal in 5K is to prepare students for 1st grade and equip them with all the skills necessary to be successful lifelong learners. Students take great pride and pleasure in learning to read during this important school year. A systematic phonics-based approach plays an important role in equipping students with the tools they need to become successful readers. In addition to reading, students learn proper handwriting techniques along with fundamental mathematical concepts.
Science and social studies education is integrated into the curriculum through thematic units. In this partnership we are blessed to work alongside our parents as we begin this Christ-centered child development journey.
Our 5th grade students receive a customized, blended instructional program that prepares them for the rigorous college preparatory classes within the 6th-8th grades. The purpose of this model is to transition and develop independent workers who collaborate under the teacher’s supervision and who are better prepared for the middle school experience.
This age group has unique social, physical, and academic challenges. The teacher works closely with the middle school team, helping students develop appropriate study habits and practices that will ensure their future success. The small class size allows teachers to individualize instruction and provide individualized enrichment as needed.
At this academic stage students begin to develop critical thinking skills, concept analysis and synthesis of knowledge. These skills are encouraged through cross-curricular activities, core subjects, computer application, music, art and physical education, all of which are developed within a Christian worldview with emphasis on biblical application.
Our 5th grade students are encouraged to particpate in our JV Athletics Program, which inlcudes JV Volleyball, JV Basketball, and JV Cheerleading through the South Carolina Independent School Association (SCISA).
Full-day: 8:00 AM – 2:40 PM
AfterSchool Enrichment: 2:40 PM – 6:00 PM
AfterSchool Enrichment includes the supervision of children by certified instructors with structured activity, snack and free play.
AfterSchool Enrichment Programs may include: Bricks 4 Kids, Tumble Time Gymnastics, Karate, Soccer, Dance, monthly “themed” academic activities and crafts.