As a part of our Upper School faculty, our teaching team is looking forward to working with you throughout the Middle Grades years! To help prepare your student for future successful high school experiences, our team focuses on academic rigor, encouraging relationships, character development, and strong study skills in nurturing and structured classroom environments.
While adjusting to a new school year and grade level can be challenging for some students, we trust everyone will have a smooth transition and a super year! In our Middle Grades classrooms, there is a heavy emphasis on organization of materials and assignments. It is our belief that solid organizational skills enhance Middle Grades learning efforts. Also, we strive to help our students discover their potential in each subject area through challenging activities and class instruction. We encourage students to participate in extracurricular activities, and we work hard in the classroom to minimize homework assignments.
Because our team is focused solely on our Middle Grades students, we are poised to build strong teacher-student working relationships that we pray will be a blessing to our students and their families. We look forward to getting to know you and your students!
Academic Top 5 for CCPS Middle Grades Students
- Set high expectations and challenge yourself.
- Talk to your teachers – they won’t bite!
- it is our job to help you be successful
- if something has you worried or anxious, let us know!
- Stay on top of your academics.
- fewer grades=increased value of test grades
- complete all assignments
- take advantage of all offered extra credit pointss
- use earned homework passes wisely
- seek help early to avoid a crisis!
- seek and heed advice from your parents and teachers
- Be an “application” learner rather than a “memorization” learner.
- higher levels of learning require different ways of studying
- avoid last-minute memorizing of materials for tests
- review important information daily to ensure understanding and memory of it
- Use your resources.
- all CCPS teachers and staff are here to help you
- keep your parents posted on your academics to avoid unpleasant surprises!
- embrace RenWeb!
- look ahead at your calendar and assignments list
- organize your time and materials regularly and carefully
- maintain a healthy balance between academic and extracurricular activities
Full-day: 8:00 AM – 2:30 PM.
Teacher to Student Ratio
Classes with a ratio of 1:14 allow more personalized instruction.